Wondering How to Sell Your Mortgage Note? A mortgage note is simply a promissory note in which the person receiving the monthly mortgage payments acts like a bank, credit union, or mortgage company. And, sometimes the holder of the note is better off with a large lump sum of money instead of monthly payments. So let’s investigate how to sell your mortgage note.
Risks of a Mortgage Note
Although a mortgage note can usually be easily sold, there are certain risks. First, the note holder assumes the same risks as a bank. While he has the benefit of earning interest, there is always the risk that the borrower won’t make make his payments on time. Here are a few things to consider if you’re thinking about continuing to hold the note or sell your mortgage note:
- Is the property likely to depreciate due to neglect or a bad location?
- Will your financial situation be threatened if the borrower is late on payments or defaults entirely?
- Is the borrower carrying the proper insurance so that you will be covered in the event of a disaster?
Why Sell Your Mortgage Note
One of the advantages of owning a mortgage note is that it can usually be sold to a mortgage note buyerwho specializes in buying private mortgages. Normally, you will be able to can sell the entire note or a portion of it depending on your needs. Common reasons for selling a mortgage note include:
- Eliminating the risk and worry of default
- Freeing up funds for another invesstment
- Paying college tuition
- Settling a divorce
- Dividing an estate
- Needing capital to start a business
How to Sell Your Mortgage Note
If you do decide to sell your mortgage note, here’s what the process involves.:
- Gather all the information and documents concerning your note: property information, promissory note, interest rate, payment history, borrower’s creditworthiness, and so on. The more information and documentation you can assemble, the better off you’ll be.
- Provide all the pertinent details to a note buyer that purchases mortgage notes and get an offer.
- Get the offer in writing… usually called a Mortgage Purchase Agreement
- Accept or decline the offer
- Wait for the mortgage note buyer to complete the due diligence
- Receive and execute the closing package supplied by the note buyer
- Close the deal and receive payment
Normally, there are no constraints on the amount of the note you can sell. It can be the entire mortgage note, a specific amount now and then payments later, or a percentage of each scheduled payment. As selling a mortgage note can be complex and somewhat confusing, we will happily provide any assistance you need.
Send us a message or give us a call today to learn more! (772) 232-2383!
Primary States in Which We Buy: |Alaska| Arkansas| Alabama | Arizona |California|Colorado| Georgia |Florida | Idaho| Iowa | Illinois |Indiana | Kentucky |Louisiana| Maine |Maryland |Michigan | Minnesota | MIssissippi | Missouri| Nevada| New Hampshire | New Jersey| New Mexico | New York |North Carolina | Ohio |Oklahoma | Oregon| Pennsylvania| South Carolina |Tennessee| Texas | Virginia | Washington | Wisconsin | |West Virginia |
Some Top Florida Markets: Bartow| Boca Raton| Bradenton| Brooksville|Cape Coral | Clearwater |Crystal River |Dade City | Daytona Beach | Defuniak Springs | Deland| Fort Lauderdale| Fort Pierce | Gainesville|Haines City |Hialeah| Hollywood| Homosassa| Hudson|Jacksonville |Jensen Beach| Key Largo | Lake City | Lakeland |Lehigh Acres |Leesburg|Live Oak | Marathon | Miami |Miami Gardens| | Milton | Naples| New Port Richey | North Fort Myers |Ocala| Okeechobee | Orlando |Palm Bay || Panama City |Pembroke Pines| Pensacola|Polk City | Port Richey |Port St Lucie| St Augustine | St Petersburg |Spring Hill |Stuart |Tallahassee|Tampa | Vero Beach |West Palm Beach| Winter Haven| Weeki Wachee|Zephyrhills |
Some Top Texas Markets: Abilene |Amarillo| Andrews| Arlington |Austin | Baytown| Beaumont | Beeville| Big Spring|Brownsville | Cleveland |Clifton | Conroe | Corpus Christi|Dallas |Del Valle| Eagle Pass | El Paso |Fort Worth| Galveston | Garland | Granbury | Grand Prairie| Greenville| Harlingen| Houston | Humble |
| Irving | Kaufman| Kerrville | KIlleen| Laredo | Midland| Mission | Odessa | Pasadena | Port Arthur | San Antonio | Seguin | Spring | Temple |Tyler | Victoria | Waco | Weslaco | Wichita Falls |
| Willis |